The Sex Education Forum and Council for Disabled Children are counting down to the start of mandatory Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) by guiding teachers through the new legislation, and helping schools choose the best resources and teaching approaches to build an inclusive and up-to-date programme that is relevant to pupils' real lives and specifically meets SEND needs.For our 2nd joint conference we bring together an incredible wealth of expertise on RSE and SEND.
Chaired by Dame Christine Lenehan, the programme includes:
- Keynote covering the new statutory RSE requirements – Lucy Emmerson
- Kate E Reynolds, parent perspective
- Principles of SEND inclusive RSE – Richard Lawrence, Mencap
- Top teaching activities for inclusive RSE - from Image in Action
- Oakfield Special School - puberty workshop from teacher Matthew Riley
- Masturbation and learning disability - workshop from Claire Lightley, fpa
Delegates can choose 3 x one-hour workshops from 12 high quality options, sample RSE teaching resources, network in the exhibition area and take away a list of RSE resources for SEND.
Booking details here